Some Questions Answered


You should receive an outlet within the first six feet, and then ever 12 feet of any useable wall space. Any wall longer then three feet requires an outlet. Note, that any wall behind the swing of a door is not considered usable wall space.

Yes, but only if you fill the ground prong with silicone, since there is no ground. Another option is to replace the 2- prong outlet with a GFCI receptacle. A ground wire is not required for the GFCI to protect against a ground fault.

Tell us what you think so we can continually make the site more informative and useful for you. We’ll be constantly updating the site. So be sure to bookmark us and visit often!

It’s recommended to have a professional electrician inspect your home’s electrical system at least once every 5-10 years, depending on the age and condition of your home. If you notice any electrical issues or have made significant changes to your home’s electrical system, it’s best to have it inspected sooner.

It’s best to hire a licensed electrician to perform any electrical repairs or installations in your home. Electrical work can be dangerous, and mistakes can cause serious injury or damage to your home. Additionally, hiring a licensed electrician ensures that the work is up to code and meets safety standards.

There are several ways to improve the energy efficiency of your home’s electrical system, including installing energy-efficient lighting and appliances, using programmable thermostats, and sealing air leaks and gaps around windows and doors. Additionally, you can reduce your energy usage by turning off lights and electronics when not in use and using power strips to reduce standby power consumption.

To prevent electrical hazards and fires in your home, it’s important to use electrical appliances and devices safely and to avoid overloading circuits. You should also avoid using damaged cords or plugs, keep flammable materials away from electrical outlets and appliances, and install smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors throughout your home.

If you notice any of the following signs, it may be time to upgrade or replace your electrical panel: frequent power outages, flickering lights, tripping circuit breakers, burning smells, or signs of corrosion or rust on the panel. It’s best to consult with a licensed electrician to determine the best course of action.

If you experience a power outage in your home, the first step is to check your circuit breakers or fuses to see if they have tripped. If this isn’t the issue, you can check with your neighbors to see if they are also experiencing a power outage. If the outage is limited to your home, you should contact a licensed electrician to diagnose and fix the problem.

If you have experience with electrical work and feel confident in your abilities, you may be able to install new lighting fixtures or ceiling fans yourself. However, it’s important to follow all safety guidelines and to ensure that the wiring is up to code. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with the installation process, it’s best to hire a licensed electrician.

If you notice a burning smell or see sparks coming from an electrical outlet or appliance, immediately turn off the power to that circuit at the circuit breaker or fuse box. Do not touch the outlet or appliance until a licensed electrician has inspected and repaired the problem.

It’s generally safe to use extension cords and power strips on a regular basis, but it’s important to use them properly. Avoid overloading them with too many devices, and don’t use them as permanent wiring solutions. Additionally, be sure to inspect cords and strips regularly for damage or wear.

There are several signs that may indicate there is a problem with your home’s electrical system, including:

  1. Frequent circuit breaker tripping: If your circuit breaker trips frequently, it may be due to overloaded circuits, short circuits, or other electrical issues.
  2. Flickering or dimming lights: If your lights flicker or dim frequently, it may indicate a problem with the wiring, the circuit, or a faulty fixture.
  3. Burning smell: If you notice a burning smell coming from outlets, switches, or other electrical components, it may indicate a wiring problem or a device that is overheating.
  4. Electrical shocks: If you feel a slight shock when you touch an appliance or a switch, it may indicate a ground fault or a wiring issue.
  5. Hot outlets or switches: If your outlets or switches feel hot to the touch, it may indicate an electrical overload or a wiring issue.
  6. Buzzing or humming sounds: If you hear buzzing or humming sounds coming from your electrical system, it may indicate a loose connection or a faulty component.
  7. Outdated or damaged electrical components: If your home is old or if you have outdated electrical components, such as knob-and-tube wiring or aluminum wiring, you may need to upgrade your electrical system to ensure safety.

If you notice any of these signs, it is important to contact a licensed electrician to inspect your home’s electrical system and make any necessary repairs or upgrades.

Other Question? Contact Us